Sunday, May 3, 2009

Models BEWARE!

During my [extremely] short stint of modeling several years ago, I did the normal thing of posting a profile with MM and OMP. Since then, I'm pretty sure I've closed my accounts (although I've been thinking of doing freelance again for some extra money/clothes on the side since this recession--meh, maybe not).

Then, strangely, at the end of April I started getting e-mails to my account that I used for bookings for doing random gigs like tearsheets, calendar work, etc. with "travel paid", etc. sounding too good to be true kind of opportunities (operative phrase: too good to be true!) from azellephoto@gmail.com. I think I've received close to 10 of them by now along the same subject line as:

Calendar shoot in Hollywood, CA 14th-17th
This is a motorcycle calendar with you posing with the bike. Every month will have 2 models
Shoots pays 2500, Im not an agent or manager so that full amount goes to you
24 Models needed
Travel is paid
Hotel is paid

If you are interested but can not travel please let me know

Need to speak to you by Phone to work with you. I am a casting director and need to speak to the model direct
Please send your contact number and links and modelmayhem number asap

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PAID SHOOTS PLEASE RESPOND WITH UNSUBSCRIBE TO BE TAKEN OFF DATABASE

azelle
www.myspace.com/model_industry
503-754-1955


with gigs from Miami to Atlanta. Being the major research/stalker that I am, I googled this person. It turns out that they've been spamming other models as well as early as February! Crazy! Girls, please please please make sure to do your homework if you're booking! Be cautious, and ALWAYS ask questions!

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for this blog! I too have recieved lots of emails from this person, also asking for 6-8 photos.

    ReplyDelete