Sunday, May 31, 2009

Work it out! Work it off!

I've come to learn that my motivation can come from no one else other than MYSELF! As much as I can be inspired by what I see and what people say I should do, with my personal schedule, energy level, stamina, etc., I can't really go on anyone else's schedule to go work out other than my own.

Brian has his own moments where he feels the need to work out, and I used to be right there with him... until our "appointed" time(s) we would plan to go would come, and then elapse, with nothing accomplished. And when I'm asked--say--1-2 hours later to go get ready to work out, it does not fail me to have lost my motivation.

I don't want to nag about getting ready. If you say a time, then prepare for it. I lack 'spontaneity' in that manner. I like things to have structure, be orderly, to make the most of my time. Time wasted is never gained back.

So, I just came back from a 1 hour long work out (I have to ease myself back into this) consisting of treadmill, bike, pull up bar, angled workout bench for ab work outs, and some Ab Ripper X from the p90X program. And, well, Brian wasn't really in the correct mind frame to join me. As was 2 days ago when I got ready to work out in the fitness room, asked if he'd like to join, he said yes and he'd meet me there, he got preoccupied, and didn't go until almost an hour after I'd already finished.

Oh well. It would be nice to work out together, but, it just isn't working out right now.

Also, people ask why I even need to work out since my frame is pretty petite as it is. Well, #1 is not really about losing weight. It's about cardio. My heart needs it. When I was in the process of getting a job at Cedars Sinai I had a physical done and my RN checking my BP, etc. told me that my heart was pumping a little too fast for her liking and suggested I do some sort of cardio. So let that be a lesson learned for all the petite/lean people! A lean body does not equal a strong heart! We all know that creatures whose hearts the beat slower/stronger LIVE longer! (i.e. sea turtles!) #2 reason I want to work out, I don't want to be flab! I want some muscle definition and tone! I want to look healthy :)

So for healthy hearts & bodies, do cardio! When it gets hotter I'll start adding the pool to my work outs. Low impact! Don't forget your sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment