Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Repost

This world has come to be... crazed.

From the age of "I want it now" it has transitioned to the "Entertain me at all times"

We click & refresh. Constantly.

The evolution and 'revolution' of Friendster to Myspace to Twitter has shown a progression of the amount of instant stimulation/gratification that we crave in our daily lives. Our inner thoughts and feelings now have a platform in which to sit, play, amuse, and receive a response to. What we used to keep to ourselves while people watching, going through out daily movements, is now open to the public--to the world.

In the defense of feeding our self-narcissism and perpetuation of self-projection upon the world, I think it can be a good thing. I used to jot down the things I ate throughout the day and week, the things I need, the places I went into a calendar or journal to keep track of how I was living my life. Was I living a healthy lifestyle? Being productive? You have entries to pour over to evaluate.

An interesting thing... this type of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment